Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chocolates: love it or hate it

Boss came back from Europe on Tuesday and brought back with him six boxes of chocolates courtesy of his friend there. I set aside two boxes for Big Boss as she really likes chocolates. So there were three boxes for the ten of us to share at the office. Missing one box? Hmmmm....One box was immediately set aside by a colleague for her to take home. I felt uneasy about this as it was supposed to be shared. Anyhow when the other colleagues saw the chocolates, B reacted quite naturally with a "Wha! Yum! Yum!". A exclaimed "Why did they sent these and not the Mozart chocolates?". Now I dislike this kind of reaction. I think we should just be thankful we were even given these presents. Like it or not, it's the thought that counts. Well A ended up not even having a bite because she believes she is now allergic to chocolates. C did not even look at the sweets as she is being careful with her glucose count. So the colleague who set aside one box for herself ended up regretting not getting two boxes instead. What????? Two boxes!!!! I can't help myself but commented to her not to be greedy and one box should be enough. She argued no one is eating anyway and besides she is giving it to her friends and not for herself really. I commented you don't expect everyone to finish all three boxes in one sitting. I mean one or two pieces of chocolate a day should be enough. The chocolates were especially sweet anyway. As for me, I had five pieces in one sitting. I love chocolates, the milky, creamy and sweet version. Probably not good for your health but should be fine when eaten occasionally.

No comments: