Monday, November 12, 2007

100% Pashmina

Although I have received scarves as gifts, I have never used one. So when my boss requested me to buy pashmina scarves, I said ok even though I have no idea where to buy. I have heard and read about pashmina but haven't seen one. Maybe I did but don't know that for a fact. Since I need to buy two pashmina scarves as requested, I reckon I surely will get the real thing at Sogo in Causeway Bay. It would be embarrassing to give someone a fake pashmina scarf when the real thing was requested. Although I have four colors as guide, turns out new arrival scarves come in two-tone so it made buying a lot more difficult. Would the receiver prefer a single colored scarf or a two-toned scarf? Hmmmm.... And the weaving comes in different patterns! It took me 30 minutes before deciding which color to buy. I am glad the saleslady was very patient and cheerful even though she should be rushing as her shift is about to end. She even helped me settle for one plain pink scarf and one two-tone red/fuschia pink scarf both in diamond pattern. Plain red, orange and black were requested but are not available. I hope the recipients will like their scarves. And at a steep price of more than a thousand each, the scarves must be 100% pashmina!
The following day, I went back to buy another one in black.

No comments: