Friday, October 26, 2007

Quarry Bay Tree Walk

Last Sunday I woke up in time to attend mass at Mount Carmel Church in Wanchai. After mass, I took the tram to Shaukeiwan hoping to look at some flats. But I ended up walking back from Shaukeiwan to Quarry. I had lunch at MOS Burger across the street from JUSCO. I then walk towards Greig Road and saw a trail behind the Mount Parker Lodge. And so it is that without a map or a bottle of water I took a hike. It has been a while since I had a long walk. Although there were moments when I felt alone, I would hear the distant shouting of kids.

Here are some photos taken along the Quarry Bay Tree Walk:
Plant boxes which were actually stoves built before the war but were never used.


I am happy to see this once in a while.

And I wonder the need for this sign.


Someone lives here?

A corner to pay our respect before the hike.


I wonder which came first the altar or the signages. I hope they will move the sinages or perhaps change them to new ones at a further spot from the altar.

I ended up at the Quarry Bay Market but it turns out I should have started from this point for an easier walk.

No comments: