Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coincidence?

I am apartment hunting at the moment and found there are nice and affordable ones in Tuen Mun, New Territories. I decided to move to Tuen Mun because prices are within my budget. So on the 6th of October I went to Tuen Mun to time the travelling and bus waiting time. I waited only for about 5 minutes for bus # 960. So I am off with a good start and comfortably seated on the upper deck for my one hour travel. Unfortunately the one hour travel time turned to 2 hours! One hour spent on a standstill because of this

on Tuen Mun Road near Chi Lok Fa Yuen. In the news that night, the report says the 23 year old driver was killed in the crash.

So I still went on to check the time it takes to walk from Tuen Mun Town Centre to Hoi Tak Gardens where the unit I am interested in is located. Whoa! I need to walk for about 20 minutes to get there! This means to get home I would need at least 1 hour and 20 minutes not even counting the bus waiting time. But I am determined to give it a try.

Unfortunately on my way back to Admiralty on bus # 962B, I encountered another traffic jam near Castle Peak Road because of this


Did not hear about this in the news so hopefully there was no casualty.
After encountering two traffic accidents which turned the usual one hour travel time into about two hours, I began thinking if this is just a coincidence or a warning sign that I should not move there. Unit prices are 50% cheaper than those on Hong Kong Island and offers bigger spaces. But after giving it some thought the past few days, I decided to give up on moving to Tuen Mun and would really like to concentrate of getting an apartment on Hong Kong Island.

No comments: