Monday, August 20, 2007

Thank you Big Boss! Thank you Tara!

After a half day work on Saturday, my colleagues and I were treated to a heavy "yum cha" (literally drink tea) courtesy of our big boss. Yummy dimsum dishes and my favorite (this may sound gross) chicken feet! And of course the best part, it was free!

I then headed off to practice my mahjong skills on the computer. I am still learning to play this very popular local game. And hoping I may be able to beat my colleagues when they let me play with them. They say I am still too slow coming up with my combinations of mahjong tiles.

Sunday started with an early breakfast at Fairwood, a local fast food chain. And then had a walk around Wanchai and taking photos of buildings. My boss is thinking of buying a flat so I had a list of buildings recommended by the property agent. The buildings were old and I'm not sure of the status of the units inside. But I am no property expert. I do not even own a flat of my own. Oh well, business people have better judgement.

In the afternoon, I went to a bag shop for some very cheap but nice hand bags. The store do not have any name so it is just THE bag shop for me. I have been to this shop four consecutive Sunday since it was mentioned to me by a friend. I am really glad she told me about it. She does not live near the shop but on her way home the bus passes the shop. I would not even think of stopping by from the looks of it. So a BIG thank you to you Tara for letting me in on such a gem of a find.

No comments: